From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded November 18, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
Interview: Scott Petry, Authentic8
Segment Topic: Challenges with the browser and securing web sessions.
- CISOs left in compromising position as organisations tout cyber robustness - The Cyber Confidence Report, which analyzed almost 300 senior security practitioners in the UK and US, and found that CISOs were being put in compromising positions.
- 71% said that their organization uses their security posture as a selling point, despite their lack of confidence in the security stack.
- 34% percent of CISOs said that they were only somewhat or slightly confident their organization’s final choice of security solutions.
- Only 17% of those questioned said that the array of technology making up their security stack was completely effective.
- Why Your Organization Needs an Innovation Ecosystem - The Bosch Accelerator Program provides a structured way for internal innovation teams to systematically validate the viability of their business ideas. Here's how it works:
- Leaders and innovation managers select cohorts of 25-30 teams from all over the world that work together for 6-12 months.
- Teams receive an initial funding of approximately €120,000 and get three months to test whether their business-model ideas could scale.
- Depending on the results, teams can obtain an additional budget of €300,000 or more.
- How businesses can accelerate innovation - To compete in the digital age, businesses will need to work quicker, partner where appropriate and upskill staff.
- How To Get More Out Of Your Team
- The Highest Performing Teams Have These 4 Mindsets - High performance teams are defined by four key mindsets:
- Teams Need Clarity Above All Else
- Teams Embrace Conflict in Order to Grow
- Teams Thrive on Trust
- High Performance Teams Lead Themselves