Recorded November 18, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Scott Petry, Authentic8
Scott Petry has been using the cloud to disrupt the information security market for nearly 20 years. He founded Postini in 1999, which pioneered the cloud-delivered service model for email security and content compliance. After Postini was acquired by Google, Scott remained as Director of Product Management for Google Enterprise. In 2010, he co-founded Authentic8, a secure virtual browser solution designed to address the inherent lack of security in the protocols the world uses to access the web. He graduated with a B.S. from San Diego State University.
Segment Topic: Challenges with the browser and securing web sessions.
- CISOs left in compromising position as organisations tout cyber robustness - The Cyber Confidence Report, which analyzed almost 300 senior security practitioners in the UK and US, and found that CISOs were being put in compromising positions.
- 71% said that their organization uses their security posture as a selling point, despite their lack of confidence in the security stack.
- 34% percent of CISOs said that they were only somewhat or slightly confident their organization’s final choice of security solutions.
- Only 17% of those questioned said that the array of technology making up their security stack was completely effective.
- Why Your Organization Needs an Innovation Ecosystem - The Bosch Accelerator Program provides a structured way for internal innovation teams to systematically validate the viability of their business ideas. Here's how it works:
- Leaders and innovation managers select cohorts of 25-30 teams from all over the world that work together for 6-12 months.
- Teams receive an initial funding of approximately €120,000 and get three months to test whether their business-model ideas could scale.
- Depending on the results, teams can obtain an additional budget of €300,000 or more.
- How businesses can accelerate innovation - To compete in the digital age, businesses will need to work quicker, partner where appropriate and upskill staff.
- How To Get More Out Of Your Team -
- The Highest Performing Teams Have These 4 Mindsets -
- Motivating Employees -