From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded November 18, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Scott Petry, Authentic8
Segment Topic: Challenges with the browser and securing web sessions.
- CISOs left in compromising position as organisations tout cyber robustness - The Cyber Confidence Report, which analyzed almost 300 senior security practitioners in the UK and US, and found that CISOs were being put in compromising positions.
- 71% said that their organization uses their security posture as a selling point, despite their lack of confidence in the security stack.
- 34% percent of CISOs said that they were only somewhat or slightly confident their organization’s final choice of security solutions.
- Only 17% of those questioned said that the array of technology making up their security stack was completely effective.
- Why Your Organization Needs an Innovation Ecosystem - The Bosch Accelerator Program provides a structured way for internal innovation teams to systematically validate the viability of their business ideas. Here's how it works:
- Leaders and innovation managers select cohorts of 25-30 teams from all over the world that work together for 6-12 months.
- Teams receive an initial funding of approximately €120,000 and get three months to test whether their business-model ideas could scale.
- Depending on the results, teams can obtain an additional budget of €300,000 or more.
- How businesses can accelerate innovation - To compete in the digital age, businesses will need to work quicker, partner where appropriate and upskill staff.
- How To Get More Out Of Your Team
- The Highest Performing Teams Have These 4 Mindsets - High performance teams are defined by four key mindsets:
- Teams Need Clarity Above All Else
- Teams Embrace Conflict in Order to Grow
- Teams Thrive on Trust
- High Performance Teams Lead Themselves