Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode153"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 19:36, 24 November 2019
Recorded November 25, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Nate Fick, Elastic Security
Nate Fick is the GM of Elastic Security and former CEO of Endgame. He is also an Operating Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. Before joining Endgame, Nate was CEO of the Center for a New American Security. He led Marine Corps infantry and reconnaissance units in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq. His book about that experience, One Bullet Away, was a New York Times bestseller, a Washington Post "Best Book of the Year," and one of the Military Times' "Best Military Books of the Decade.”
Elastic Security update + Organizational cybersecurity
Earlier this month, Elastic announced a radical change to how endpoint protection is offered, doing away with per-endpoint pricing. We'd like to spend 5-10 mins talking about why, and the remainder of the show talking about a topic Nate has talked and written about extensively: organizational cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity has historically been perceived as an enigma—a world of hackers lurking in the shadows—which reinforces the idea that the only way to stop them is with highly trained security experts at large enterprises with multi-million dollar budgets.
That needs to change on three main fronts to solve modern cybersecurity challenges:
- Ease of Use: Make cyber accessible to newcomers to train experts faster
- Transparency: Help customers understand how cyber solutions work and how they perform in different scenarios so they can make the right choice for their needs
- Innovation: Share information and data to help cyber companies innovate better solutions
- Maersk CISO on NotPetya recovery, workforce harmony and what makes a security chief
- Why Business Leaders Need to Understand Their Algorithms
- Why Constraints Are Good for Innovation
- How to Do a Digital Detox: 3 Easy Steps for Success
- How Remote Workers Make Work Friends
- 5 charts to understand the tech job market