From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded November 25, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Nate Fick, Elastic Security
Elastic Security update + Organizational cybersecurity
Earlier this month, Elastic announced a radical change to how endpoint protection is offered, doing away with per-endpoint pricing. We'd like to spend 5-10 mins talking about why, and the remainder of the show talking about a topic Nate has talked and written about extensively: organizational cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity has historically been perceived as an enigma—a world of hackers lurking in the shadows—which reinforces the idea that the only way to stop them is with highly trained security experts at large enterprises with multi-million dollar budgets.
That needs to change on three main fronts to solve modern cybersecurity challenges:
- Ease of Use: Make cyber accessible to newcomers to train experts faster
- Transparency: Help customers understand how cyber solutions work and how they perform in different scenarios so they can make the right choice for their needs
- Innovation: Share information and data to help cyber companies innovate better solutions
- Maersk CISO on NotPetya recovery, workforce harmony and what makes a security chief
- Why Business Leaders Need to Understand Their Algorithms
- Why Constraints Are Good for Innovation
- How to Do a Digital Detox: 3 Easy Steps for Success
- How Remote Workers Make Work Friends
- 5 charts to understand the tech job market