Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode154"
From Paul's Security Weekly
(→Interview: Ward Cobleigh, VIAVI Solutions)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 22:59, 1 December 2019
Recorded December 2, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ward Cobleigh, VIAVI Solutions
Bringing NetOps into the Threat Hunt
In a very recent study, 65% of responding organizations reported a shortage of cybersecurity staff, with a lack of skilled or experienced security personnel their number one workplace concern (36%). To help fill this void, there is a very real and still growing need to cross-train existing professionals and teams whenever possible. How achievable is this goal? Can we really take the typical NetOps skillset, combine it with the data sources that are typically available to them, and apply this to the SecOps skills gap? This Business Security Week Podcast will answer these questions and include a demonstration of how a performance analysis platform can be used to quickly and efficiently identify threats.
- Below are additional resources related to our topic. These can be used by the hosts for background information. We will have these available on our landing page https://viavisolutions.com/securityweekly
- SANS OnDemand Webinar Recording: https://comms.viavisolutions.com/lp-cmp?cp=vi101475&th=std&lang=en
- 3 Lessons Learned from the Capital One Cyberattack - Listen to Your Data Sources
- What the NASA Cyberattack Teaches Us About Simple Technologies and Advanced Threats
- Not a Fish Story: Tackle the Reel Network Security Issues
- Companies Need to Rethink What Cybersecurity Leadership Is
- What Companies That Are Good at Innovation Get Right
- Staff in smaller businesses bogged down by poor communications
- Why You Should Be Sending More Video Emails … And How To Record Them
- Enterprises muddled over cloud security responsibilities
- Top tech conferences to attend in 2020