From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Recorded January 6th, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Topic: The Best and Worst of 2019
- The best companies and performance of 2019
- The worst companies and performance of 2019
- Pacific Gas & Light
- 5 CIO and IT leadership trends for 2020 - Here are five business technology leadership trends to watch in 2020:
- Lines will blur as CIOs take on more CTO responsibilities
- Budgets are increasing, but businesses demand value realization
- Projects morph into products
- Small improvements, constant iteration even in personal development
- Trouble's ahead — and technology is keeping business afloat
- First Look: Leadership Books for January 2020 - Here's a look at some of the best leadership books to be released in January 2020:
- Teaching by Heart: One Professor's Journey to Inspire by Thomas J. DeLong
- All You Have to Do Is Ask: How to Master the Most Important Skill for Success by Wayne Baker
- Think Outside the Building: How Advanced Leaders Can Change the World One Smart Innovation at a Time by Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- The Leader's Greatest Return: Attracting, Developing, and Multiplying Leaders by John C. Maxwell
- Edge: Turning Adversity into Advantage by Laura Huang
- The Future Leader: 9 Skills and Mindsets to Succeed in the Next Decade by Jacob Morgan
- Replace Resolutions with Habits and Make Your Life Mean Something Beyond 2020 - Humans are meaning-making machines. We make something real out in the world, then follow it until it reveals our purpose. 4 Ways to Take Action, Build Habits And Live A Purposeful Life:
- Make it Part of Your Daily Routine
- The 2-Minute Rule
- Stack New Habits On Current Ones
- Identity-Based Habits
- The Right Way to Form New Habits
- How to Handle Speaking In Public When You’re Not a Public Speaker - Use the following strategies for your upcoming public speaking engagement:
- Accept that nerves are natural.
- Start with a story.
- Control your non-verbals.
- Practice your ass off.
- 5 Questions You Can Ask to Learn About Company Culture in a Job Interview - Company culture is an important factor in choosing a job. What questions can you ask in an interview to learn more about the culture?
- What does a typical career path for someone in this position look like?
- When and how is feedback given?
- What are the goals for the company this year, and in five years?
- What is your favorite workplace tradition?
- How often do people get together outside of work?