Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode160"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 19:43, 26 January 2020
Recorded January 27, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Michael Figueroa
Michael is a security community thought leader with over 20 years of experience in business, government, and non-profit organizations designing security programs, building information sharing collaborations, and advising state and federal government executives. He has worked with organizations across market sectors spanning the size spectrum from large enterprises to early-stage startups.
CISO Challenges in a Changing World
Michael discusses the challenges of CISOs and the differences between large enterprises and small businesses. As the role of the CISO continues to change, so do the requirements for both large enterprise and small business CISOs. We discuss the balance of communications. leadership, ownership, governance, and the board.
- Board members find cybersecurity risk an existential threat
- When Community Becomes Your Competitive Advantage
- The Little Things That Make Employees Feel Appreciated
- Don't Stay in Your Lane: The Secret to Developing Your Career
- TRUST IS AT THE CORE OF SOFTWARE MARKETING
- Chipotle, Target CISOs: Repurpose talent for cyber