Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode161"
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 00:15, 3 February 2020
Recorded February 3, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: David Starobinski,
David Starobinski is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and of Systems Engineering at Boston University. His research interests are in computer networking and security and he has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers. Dr. Starobinski received a US National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award and a US Department of Energy (DOE) Early Career award for his work on Quality of Service engineering and network modeling. He also won best paper awards at the WiOpt 2010 and IEEE CNS 2016 conferences. He is currently on the Editorial Board of the IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society and was on the Editorial Boards of the IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security and the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.
- Tech Isn't the Problem or Solution for Better Productivity. Instead, Look to Your Own Leadership
- 9 Quotes By NBA Legend Kobe Bryant That Might Impact Our Lives Forever
- Research: How to Build Trust with Business Partners from Other Cultures
- Discover focusing on efficiency, brings in new CIO
- CTO interview: Juan Villamil discusses changing IT culture
- For zero trust to work, machines and humans require identities