Difference between revisions of "ESWEpisode164"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 17:38, 4 December 2019
Recorded December 4, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- NSS Labs Dismisses Antitrust Complaint Against Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization and Endpoint Security Vendors
- Lastline Simplifies Securing Amazon Web Services with Industry-Leading Network Detection and Response
- Morphisec Achieves AWS Security Competency Status for Cloud Server Workload Protection
- CloudKnox Security Announces Integration with AWS IAM Access Analyzer
- December 2019 Product Updates: Automatic WI-Fi, WireGuard and More
- Kratikal Raises $1 Mn To Enhance Tech Infrastructure
- Mimecast Challenges Shadow IT for Cloud App Usage on Mobile and Desktop Devices
- Acceptto Extends Offering with Central Authentication Service Single Sign On Integration
- BrickStor Version 21 Includes New Security and Compliance Enhancements
Interview: Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker
Founder of Netsparker Ltd, Product Manager of Netsparker, Web Application Security Scanner. Developed the first and only proof based web security scanner with state of the art accurate vulnerability detection and exploitation features, today used by thousands companies around the world. Changed the automated web application security space. Frequent speaker at several conferences about Web Application Security, released several research papers and tools. Coming from a developer background (C++, ASP, ASP.NET and PHP), working in the web application security area since 2002. Deep understanding of web application security in both sides, attacking and defending. Between 2002-2006 worked for Turkish Army and Police as well as several big clients as freelance contractor, in Turkey, USA, Canada and UK. I mostly focus in these technical areas: Web Application Security Research, Automated Vulnerability Detection & Exploitation.
How to start building a web security programme and a realistic approach to starting a web security security programme in enterprises
Interview: Heather Paunet, Untangle
Heather Paunet is the Vice President of Product Management at Untangle, responsible for building the right products for customers, taking into account customer needs and market trends. She has over 15 years’ experience driving the development and go-to-market of software solutions. Prior to joining Untangle, she held product leadership roles at Cisco Systems, and was Vice President of Product at various high-tech security and networking companies in the Silicon Valley. She has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and spent the first few years of her career as a software engineer.
Untangle's upcoming SD-WAN Router release
Untangle is releasing an SD-WAN Router, which has advanced routing capabilities and provides the ability for a business to build a comprehensive, secure Software Defined Network at a fraction of the cost. Our SD-WAN Router provides interoffice connectivity across multiple sites, optimizes the internet over existing infrastructure and prioritizes business critical application to maximize employee productivity.