- 1 Enterprise Security Weekly Episode #182 - May 06, 2020
- 2 1. News - WordPress Attacks, IoT Device Shifts, & Splunk Cloud - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- 3 2. Technical Segment - Why the Cloud Stall is Now the Cloud Surge - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
- 4 3. Technical Segment - Effective Goal Setting and Tracking - 01:30 PM-02:00 PM
Enterprise Security Weekly Episode #182 - May 06, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. News - WordPress Attacks, IoT Device Shifts, & Splunk Cloud - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - June 22nd-24th now a fully virtual event! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! We will be starting to roll out our public Discord channel in the next week or so and our mailing list subscribers will get the first invites!
- Learn how penetration testing reduces risk in our next live webcast with Core Security (a Help Systems Company). Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. You can also access our on-demand library of previously recorded webcasts/trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/ondemand.
Microsoft is to buy Israeli cybersecurity startup CyberX, ExtraHop Data Shows Shifts in IoT Device Usage During COVID-19 Have Broad Security Implications, Immuta and Snowflake help customers share data with automated privacy protection, Code42 Integrates with Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR to Speed and Automate Insider Threat Incident Response, and more!
John Strand's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
- Orchestra Group buys Israeli cybersecurity co Cronus
- Code42 Integrates with Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR to Speed and Automate Insider Threat Incident Response
- Google Cloud partners with Splunk to form Splunk Cloud
Paul Asadoorian's Content:
- Cybersecurity Startup Orca Security Lands $20.5M Series A Funding - Security Boulevard
- Acronis Converges Data Protection, Cybersecurity for MSPs - ChannelE2E
- Microsoft to buy Israeli cybersecurity startup CyberX
- ExtraHop Data Shows Shifts in IoT Device Usage During COVID-19 Have Broad Security Implications
- Immuta and Snowflake help customers share data with automated privacy protection - Help Net Security
- CloudKnox enhances its platform to help orgs accelerate cloud adoption - Help Net Security
- Nearly a million WordPress sites targeted in extensive attacks - Help Net Security
- SaltStack Research Finds Automation and Alignment are Critical to SecOps Success
2. Technical Segment - Why the Cloud Stall is Now the Cloud Surge - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for all of our podcasts to fill our Q3 recording schedule! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Broad shifts to remote access plus increased strain on budgets and resources make it a business imperative to accelerate cloud adoption, and do it securely. Network detection and response bridges the gap between security and network teams and enables scalable visibility and security for cloud and multicloud environments.
To learn more about ExtraHop, visit: https://securityweekly.com/extrahop
Matt Cauthorn is responsible for all security implementations and leads a team of technical security engineers who work directly with customers and prospects. A passionate technologist and evangelist, Matt is often on site with customers working to solve the complex and mission-critical business problems that Fortune 1,000 and global 2,000 companies face. After years spent helping customers tap into the value offered by network-based analytics, Matt has been able to bring fresh thinking to security threat detection. Prior to ExtraHop, Matt was a Sales Engineering Manager at F5 and before that he started his career in the trenches as a practitioner where he oversaw application hosting, infrastructure, and security for five international data centers.
Ted is a seasoned and customer-focused product manager with a background in enterprise IT, community-building, and cloud-native security.
3. Technical Segment - Effective Goal Setting and Tracking - 01:30 PM-02:00 PM
Executing on a successful program and proving its efficacy is an impossibility for many security teams. Tune in as we discuss what steps you can take immediately to set more effective goals, track progress and share your success. You'll also have the opportunity to see how Rapid7's Vulnerability Management solution, InsightVM can help you create and contextualize metrics that your non-technical leadership and board—as well as your users—can understand.
As a Rapid7's offering manager, Justin is responsible for go-to-market strategy for Vulnerability Management and Offensive Security Solutions. He is driven by his background in IT and his deep understanding of customers' desired outcomes. Justin is passionate about how Rapid7 can help customers improve the maturity and effectiveness of their security programs.
John Strand - Founder; Security Professional at Black Hills Information Security