- 1 Enterprise Security Weekly Episode #189 - July 01, 2020
- 2 1. News - SaltStack Enterprise 6.3, Semperis, & SafeGuard 7.6 - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- 3 2. Interview - HITRUST Compliance vs. Security & Diversity in InfoSec - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
- 4 3. Interview - Cybersecurity Hiring - 01:30 PM-02:00 PM
Enterprise Security Weekly Episode #189 - July 01, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. News - SaltStack Enterprise 6.3, Semperis, & SafeGuard 7.6 - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List for webcast/virtual training announcements and to receive your personal invite to our Discord server by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list!
- With all the recent changes to BlackHat and DefCon, we realized we can keep doing what we do best - host virtual podcasts! I’m proud to announce Hacker Summer Camp 2020, a Security Weekly Virtual, Live-Stream Event, August 3 - August 6, 2020. To reserve your slot now, visit: securityweekly.com/summercamp2020
Semperis adds vulnerability assessment, security reporting, and auto-remediation to its DSP, AWS launches Amazon Honeycode to help quickly build mobile and web apps without programming, Attivo Networks Advanced Protection Disrupts Ransomware 2.0, Improved threat visibility, defense and protection across social platforms with SafeGuard 7.6, and more!
Matt Alderman's Content:
- Salesforce invests in security software provider Tanium at $9 billion valuation
- Privacy Software Company OneTrust Acquires Integris
Paul Asadoorian's Content:
- Semperis adds vulnerability assessment, security reporting, and auto-remediation to its DSP - Help Net Security
- AWS launches Amazon Honeycode to help quickly build mobile and web apps without programming - Help Net Security
- Elastic Enterprise Search: Giving users the tools to bring search experiences to market quickly - Help Net Security
- Thought Machine Vault now runs on Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure and IBM Cloud - Help Net Security
- SafeGuard 7.6: Improved threat visibility, defense and protection across social platforms - Help Net Security
- Codefresh Raises $27 Million in Funding | DEVOPSdigest
- Puppet Introduces Public Beta of Relay | DEVOPSdigest
- StorageCraft announced a significant upgrade of ShadowXafe
- SaltStack announced SaltStack Enterprise 6.3
- Dahua Technology Releases DMSS for Improved Services
- ThreatQuotient Integrates with Intel 471 Cybercrime Intelligence
- Attivo Networks Advanced Protection Disrupts Ransomware 2.0
2. Interview - HITRUST Compliance vs. Security & Diversity in InfoSec - 01:00 PM-01:30 PM
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for all of our podcasts to fill our Q3 recording schedule! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Discussing HITRUST compliance in small and medium environments and how to use automation and scalable practices in the cloud to be both compliant and secure.
Hacking Diversity - Gregorie Thomas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVqsu_w-Ug
Greg Thomas is Lead Security Engineer at Jvion
Greg practices offensive and defensive security. He has spent 5 years in the Marines doing counter-intelligence. Greg also speaks at BSides conferences about the need for diversity in Infosec.
3. Interview - Cybersecurity Hiring - 01:30 PM-02:00 PM
- In our first July webcast, you will learn how to stitch and enrich flow data for security with VIAVI Solutions! Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. Or visit securityweekly.com/ondemand to view our previously recorded webcasts!
Given the huge demand for cybersecurity professionals, how can we improve the hiring process to find those who are talented, but may not have an extensive resume? Let's discuss how CTF-style exercises can be used to help enterprises cast a wider net and find more diverse and qualified talent with low friction.
Franz Payer is CEO at Cyber Skyline
Franz is the cofounder and CEO of Cyber Skyline and has a passion for helping students & professionals track their cyber skills growth and start their career in cybersecurity.