Recorded May 15, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker
Centralization of Web Application Security Large Enterprises - Advantages, Disadvantages, and Challenges
Centralization vs. Decentralization of security is an interesting topic. Decentralization in web app penetration testing is popular in many large organizations because no good centralized solutions solve this problem. Instead small teams do independent or random testing, without consistency or well-defined processes. Web security automation is a better approach. If you have 100 actively developed applications across 10 different development teams, can you (and should you) centralize security testing?
- LogRhythm : Releases Cloud-Based NextGen Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Platform
- Ixia, Symantec provide security intelligence for hybrid networks
- Avast Plc Debuts Omni, a New Approach to Digital Security
- Atos launches new unified cloud identity and access management solution for ultimate security
- Ping Identity to Highlight Zero Trust and API Security at May Industry Events
- Device Authority Innovates KeyScaler for Microsoft Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service (DPS) and Docker Support
- ExtraHop Announces New Panorama Partner Program
- HyTrust Launches Full-Scale Security Platform for VMware, AWS, Containers
- Sysdig and In-Q-Tel partnership to provide U.S. govt agencies with the Sysdig Cloud-Native VSP - Help Net Security
Tech Segment: Enterprise Open-Source Firewalls?