Difference between revisions of "ES Episode141"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 15:16, 11 June 2019
Recorded June 12, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Security Product Announcements
- Database Security for Amazon RDS
- Infoblox unveils simplified security platform to detect and stop cyber threats
- Palo Alto Networks launches new 'Prisma' cloud security suite
- CyberX Launches First Open Development Environment (ODE) for Securing IoT/ICS Devices Running Proprietary Protocols
- Sophos Intercept X Endpoint Protection
- Morphisec Announces Version 3.5 at Infosecurity Europe 2019 with New Unified Security Center for End-to-End Visibility Across All Blocked Attacks
- Securonix Partner Program Targets MSSPs
- Thycotic Expands Enterprise-Grade Privileged Access Management-as-a-Service Solution
- SecureAuth Innovates Secure Identity Management with its Intelligent Identity Cloud Service
Security Company Acquisitions
- Flexera Acquires RISC Networks
- Security stays hot as Imperva grabs Distil Networks
- Palo Alto Networks Announces Intent to Acquire Two Companies to Extend Its Cloud Security Leadership
Security Company Funding
- Insight Partners Acquires Recorded Future for $780 Million
- EnSilo is raising a series B to monitor and remediate cyber threats (Updated)
- SentinelOne lands $120 mln Series D
- SEC FORM D
- PSG funds ThreatConnect
- Swimlane secures $23 million to accelerate growth
Interview: Adam Gordon, ITProTV
Topic: What are container services in the Microsoft Azure cloud?
Do you wonder how your team can save costs by lifting and shifting your existing applications to containers, and build microservices applications to deliver value to your users faster? Use end-to-end developer and CI/CD tools to develop, update, and deploy your containerized applications? Manage containers at scale with a fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service that integrates with Azure Active Directory? Wherever you are in your app modernization journey, the hardest part is knowing where to begin.
Adam has 30+ years as an IT instructor in the private and public sectors. He holds more than 160 IT certifications. He has trained thousands of IT pros over the course of his career.