Recorded July 10, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- PingID to Support FIDO-Compliant Biometric Authenticators and Security Keys
- TIBCO And Ping Identity Collaborate On Advanced API Cybersecurity Solutions
- BeyondTrust Simplifies Endpoint Privilege Management with PAM Platform Integration
- A10 Networks has announced a container-based solutions
- Infoblox Unveils Simplified Security Platform to Detect and Stop Threats in Today’s Borderless Networks
- Avast to bolster cybersecurity offering with AI and machine learning capabilities
- Alphabet's cybersecurity company Chronicle will join Google Cloud
- Cybersecurity Company Exabeam Acquires Cloud Security Startup SkyFormation
- Accenture to Buy Australian Cybersecurity Firm BCT Solutions
- Broadcom, Symantec near major cybersecurity deal
Interview: Craig Taylor, Cyberhoot
Craig Taylor has been in Cybersecurity for more than two decades. Craig started out working for a firewall vendor, moved to a multinational Web Hosting Service provider (CSC), before stints at Vistaprint and Chase Paymentech. For the last five years, he's been building CyberHoot.com an Open LMS system that helps SMB's build and automate their cybersecurity program directly to SMB's as well as through VAR's. In Craig's spare time he's a Rotarian, avid cyclist, and hockey player.
Employees are the weakest link in Cybersecurity and because of this 80% of businesses will adopt a Cloud-based training solution by 2020. Small to Medium sized businesses are being left behind by complex, time-consuming solutions. Resellers need MRR, simple solutions that don't require training and certifications, and need help with client renewals. SMB's face the most complex, and highest rates of online attacks ever. Technology cannot solve all their risks, most solutions are too complex, time-consuming, and costly. Open solutions like CyberHoot allow you to build automated cybersecurity programs, track employee compliance, and address critical risks we all face.
Topic: Threat Hunting