From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- We're currently running our annual Listener Feedback Survey! Please visit securityweekly.com -> click the survey tab & select "2019 Listener Survey" to submit your responses!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Mark your calendars for our Security Weekly Holiday Extravaganza! On December 19th, Security Weekly will be live-streaming 5 one hour panel discussions with some of the most knowledgable professionals in the industry! To round out the evening, Ed Skoudis will be joining the Security Weekly hosts to give his annual announcement about the CounterHack Holiday Hack Challenge! You can view the live stream on our Youtube channel or by visiting securityweekly.com/live. We hope to see you there!
Interview: John Smith, ExtraHopand http://edgesightunderthehood.com http://wiredata.net and http://edgesightunderthehood.com.
I have extensive training and mentoring experience including two years as an adjunct instructor and over a dozen years of mentoring younger engineers. I have also functioned in a supervisory role either as a technical manager or team lead for over ten years including handling HR related issues, writing evaluations and assisting with career planning.
Network Detection & Response (NDR) as a critical component of cloud-first security, both because of the need for east-west visibility across cloud and on-premises assets, and because combining behavioral-based threat detection with signature-based detection gives organizations a better chance of discovering threats quickly enough (and with enough context) to mitigate the damage.
Interview: Joe Gillespie, Netsparker
Managing Vulnerabilities in the Enterprise
Managing verbalities sin the Enterprise is more than how many assets can you scan but how do you manage the issues that you discover.
- Usability – Software that is easy to use even for non - security personnel
- Easy to use tool
- Fast deployment, quickly operational
- intuitive UI and workflow.
- What assets do I have that I need to secure?
- Accuracy – Accuracy ensures acceptance and reduces manual checking
- accuracy of the scanner
- lack of false positives
- Integration – Integrating with other tools as part of the process (Issue tracking, CI )
- Integration with other tools such as issue tracking, CI, risk management, , SSO, messaging
- API - open and documented, allows for easy integration
- SDLC Process workflow
- Automation – Automation enables the management of large numbers of vulnerabilities
- Workflows that simplify and automate processes
- Synchronization with Issue tracking (updating both sides of the process)
- Automate notifications of activities
- Automated retesting of vulnerabilities
- Resolution – Tracking results and remediation progress
- Data insights
- Data management
Interview: Brandon Edwards, Capsule8