From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
Interview: John Smith, ExtraHopand http://edgesightunderthehood.com http://wiredata.net and http://edgesightunderthehood.com.
I have extensive training and mentoring experience including two years as an adjunct instructor and over a dozen years of mentoring younger engineers. I have also functioned in a supervisory role either as a technical manager or team lead for over ten years including handling HR related issues, writing evaluations and assisting with career planning.
Network Detection & Response (NDR) as a critical component of cloud-first security, both because of the need for east-west visibility across cloud and on-premises assets, and because combining behavioral-based threat detection with signature-based detection gives organizations a better chance of discovering threats quickly enough (and with enough context) to mitigate the damage.
Interview: Joe Gillespie, Netsparker
Managing Vulnerabilities in the Enterprise
Managing verbalities sin the Enterprise is more than how many assets can you scan but how do you manage the issues that you discover.
- Usability – Software that is easy to use even for non - security personnel
- Easy to use tool
- Fast deployment, quickly operational
- intuitive UI and workflow.
- What assets do I have that I need to secure?
- Accuracy – Accuracy ensures acceptance and reduces manual checking
- accuracy of the scanner
- lack of false positives
- Integration – Integrating with other tools as part of the process (Issue tracking, CI )
- Integration with other tools such as issue tracking, CI, risk management, , SSO, messaging
- API - open and documented, allows for easy integration
- SDLC Process workflow
- Automation – Automation enables the management of large numbers of vulnerabilities
- Workflows that simplify and automate processes
- Synchronization with Issue tracking (updating both sides of the process)
- Automate notifications of activities
- Automated retesting of vulnerabilities
- Resolution – Tracking results and remediation progress
- Data insights
- Data management
Interview: Brandon Edwards, Capsule8