From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded September 25, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- Illumios Latest Adaptive Security Platform Release Supports Containers
- OneLogin Launches New Behavioral Risk Assessment Platform
- A10 Networks launches proxy for secure access and visibility into SaaS apps
- Akamai acquires multifactor authentication specialist KryptCo
- HP acquires Bromium to complement and enhance its existing security platform - Help Net Security
- Edgesource launches new certification program designed to detect and mitigate vulnerabilities - Help Net Security
- Cyber Insurance Firm Cowbell Emerges From Stealth With $3.3 Million Seed Funding | SecurityWeek.Com
- Source Code Security Firm Cycode Launches With $4.6 Million in Funding | SecurityWeek.Com
Interview: Brian Dye, Corelight
The Path To Threat Hunting Is Paved With Great Network Data
Tune in for a lively discussion about the role of network evidence in threat hunting and innovations our guest speaker sees in the industry from some of the world’s most sophisticated threat hunters. Brian Dye is Chief Product Officer at Corelight, provider of network security monitoring solutions from the creators of open-source Zeek (formerly Bro).
Interview: Tony Meehan, Endgame
Tony’s strong leadership was notably recognized with the Director of National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Citation, a prestigious recognition of his contributions to the Intelligence Community, as well as the Labyrinth Theseus Award. Tony’s research has been presented at a range of defense institutions, including West Point and the Office of Naval Research. Tony earned both a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Tulsa, and serves on the Alumni Board of Directors.
Building an engineering team for every stage of company growth.
In the fast-paced startup world, there’s one thing you can always rely on: constant change. This makes work challenging and stimulating, but it also means recruiting can be a real challenge. How do you describe your company to prospective candidates when the work environment is constantly evolving? And how do you attract people who will be the right fit for this precise moment in your growth, but who will also continue to be a good fit in the future?
These are questions Tony Meehan, Endgame’s VP of Engineering, has spent a lot of time considering. Tony will share anecdotes and advice from his experience overseeing the growth of the Endgame engineering team. As one of Endgame's first engineers, he has played (and continues to play) a critical role in the hiring and development of the team.
Interview with Tony in the University of Tulsa Alumni Newsletter: