Enterprise Security Weekly - Episode 35
Recorded March 2, 2017
Interview: Chris Clymer, Jack Nichelson, and Jason Middaugh, InfoSec World
- Chris Clymer serves as Director of the Security Services practice for MRK, a Cleveland-based technology company with 30+ years of history. Chris has nearly twenty year’s experience working within IT and IT security, serving as a functional CISO for organizations as diverse as Healthcare, Financial Services, Government, Retail, Manufacturing, and Technology. Chris has developed security programs for large publicly traded Fortune 500’s, for SMB’s with only a few dozen employees, and just about everywhere else in-between. He has run the security certification gauntlet, including CISSP, ISO 27001, GPEN, GWAPT, and FAIR.
- Recognized for his passionate advocacy for information security, Jack Nichelson has committed himself to leading IT initiatives within government, financial, and manufacturing sectors. As the Director of Infrastructure & Security for Chart Industries, Jack offers nearly 20 years’ experience complemented with experience instructing and mentoring. Jack earned the recognition as one of the “People Who Made a Difference in Security 2013” by the SANS Institute. He holds an Executive MBA from Baldwin-Wallace University and a bachelor’s degree from Youngstown State University and is an adviser for Baldwin-Wallace’s state winner Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) team. He is certified in the following: CISSP, GCIH, GSLC, CRISC, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA and VCP.
- Jason is Director of Infrastructure & Security Services at Cliffs Natural Resources, and has nearly twenty years of experience in the Information Technology arena as a leader in the security, infrastructure, and IT strategy fields. He has experience managing and working in the banking (National City/PNC), consulting (Unisys), software (Microsoft), and manufacturing/mining (Cliffs Natural Resources) sectors. Jason holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Toledo, a master’s degree in business administration from The Ohio State University, and holds several IT based certifications (CISSP, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCDA). Jason is a chair member of the North East Ohio Cyber Consortium and is currently attending the FBI Citizens Academy.
How to show security progress
Presenting security to senior leadership
Real-world security metrics
Identifying and using easily collected data
Aligning with existing organizational metrics
Enterprise Security News
- ThreatConnect Adds Seven Key Partners to its more than 100 Current Integrations | Market Cheetah
- OS Updates and Package Management: Ubuntu Repo Management With Aptly and AWS S3
- LookingGlass ScoutPrime Becomes First Threat Intelligence Platform Compliant with STIX 2.0
- Flowmon and Ixia Join Forces to Simplify Monitoring and Enhance Security of Large Heterogeneous Networks - MFRTech
- Dome9 Integration With Slack - Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Extending Visibility to the Endpoint | Lancope
- LightCyber Joins Palo Alto Networks - Palo Alto Networks Blog