Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 261 for Thursday October 6th, 2011.
- Check out Hack Naked TV - currently at Episode #6 the "SSL is broken-er" edition!
- Don't forget to Read our blog, Participate on our mailing list, Visit PaulDotCom Insider, Follow us on Twitter, Join the IRC channel at irc.freenode.net #pauldotcom, Watch our Videos and Add us on Facebook where we can be "friends"
- We're spinning up a new mini-podcast/videocast (Hack Naked at Night with Larry and Darren) and we and we're looking for topics from our listeners - specifically, what type of pentest device do you want us to build out of a roomba? Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Interview: Charlie Miller
7:30 PM EDT
Charlie is a principal research consultant for the Accuvant LABS team and was the first with a public remote exploit for both the iPhone and the G1 Android phone. He won the CanSecWest Pwn2Own competition multiple times and holds a PhD from the University of Notre Dame.
Guest Tech Segment: Alessandro Acquisti
Alessandro is an Assistant Professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He's received national and international awards, including the 2005 PET Award for Outstanding Research in Privacy Enhancing Technologies and the 2005 IBM Best Academic Privacy Faculty Award. He's on to discuss his recent talk on Facial Recognition using Augmented Reality presented at Blackhat and some other privacy research.
- Tell us about the facial recognition research - how fast were you able to ID users? Were you surprised by the media coverage?
- How does Augmented Reality fit in to the research?
- What was the inspiration for your Guns, Privacy, and Crime research?
- Tell us about your research into The Economics of Privacy.