Difference between revisions of "Episode266"
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Revision as of 15:30, 3 November 2011
Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 266 for Thursday November 3d, 2011.
- Check out Hack Naked TV
- Larry is teaching SEC580 Metasploit Kung Fu for Enterprise Pen Testing in San Antonio, TX December 4-5. Tell them that NYC is where Salsa is being made now.
- Don't forget to Read our blog, Participate on our mailing list, Visit PaulDotCom Insider, Follow us on Twitter, Join the IRC channel at irc.freenode.net #pauldotcom, Watch our Videos and Add us on Facebook where we can be "friends"
- BSides, BSides, BSides everywhere
Guest Interview: Jeff Moss
6:00 PM EDT
Black Hat Founder and Director Jeff Moss has spent almost 2 decades as founder and director of Black Hat and DefCon, two of the most important security conferences in the world. In 2009 Moss was appointed to the Homeland Security Advisory Council to provide advice and recommendations to the Secretary on matters related to homeland security. Jeff has also worked for Ernst & Young, LLP in their Information System Security division and is currently CSO of ICANN.
PaulDotCom rapid fire questions round (TM):
- What 3 letter acronym scares you the most?
- If APT were a drink, what would it taste like?
- Android, iOS or Blackberry?
- Sneakers or Wargames?
- 3 words you use to describe CISSPs...
- Describe DefCon planning in two words.
Guest Tech Segment: Jon McCoy
Jon McCoy is a .NET Software Engineer who focuses on security and forensics. He has worked on a number of Open Source projects ranging from hacking tools to software for the paralyzed. With a deep knowledge of programming under the .NET Framework he has released new attacks on live applications and the .NET Framework itself.
Stories For Discussion
- 1:60 FaceBook posts are malicious and 1:100 tweets are malicious - Inconceivable that malicious activity happens on these social sites… 14 percent of linked-in users felt un-secure using the site. wonder what the next target will be.
- China Did it - Apparently we can blame China for everything… China the NEW APT… how long before vendors actually says that they keep china out of your network?
- Chemical Industry under attack and ITS CHINA AGIAN!! - See….
- US observation satellites hacked by China - will the insanity ever stop?
- even Mr. Kapersky himself is in the China CYBER terrorism camp - Who is going to stop the great Chineese menace?
- VIM turns 20! - 20 years ago VIM was released I know a lot of us use it.