From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 275 for Thursday February 2nd, 2012.
- John Strand will be teaching "Offensive Countermeasures: Defensive Techniques That Actually Work" and Carlos Perez will be teaching "Using and Automating the Metasploit Framework" on March 13-14 at the Mid-Atlantic CCDC just outside Baltimore, MD! Register Today at The PaulDotCom Training Web Site
- John Strand will be teaching Offensive Countermeasures at SANS Orlando March 23-24th: Check it out here
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Defenses 5 times this year:
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez.
- Subscribe to our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini. Wether you smoke an occasional cigar or daily, this show is for you! Tune in as we review the latest cigars being released and talk "Stogie Tech".
- Don't forget to Follow us on Twitter
Interview: Joe Stewart
Guest Tech Segment: Jon Oberheide
- Tell us about your Do Not Root Robots research and the dangers of "jailbreaking".
- How do the Android Market Interactions work?
- What are the problems with the web version of the Android Market distribution model?
- Can we trust the Android permissions model? Can the permissions be circumvented by an app?
- What did your RootStrap app do to make it deserved of the honor of being the first app to be remote-killed/wiped by Google from users’ devices using their GTalkService mechanism?
- What about post-rooting self protection? Can an app keep itself persistent?
- How is Android different than iOS in terms of your research?
- What do you think of Charlie Miller's recent research that caused his being booted out of the Apple Developer's program?
- What other research are you looking into at the moment? What's next for Team Joch?