Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 279 for Thursday February 23d, 2012
- John Strand will be teaching Offensive Countermeasures at SANS Orlando March 23-24th: Check it out here
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Defenses 5 times this year: vLive!: April 16 - 22, 2012, SANS Cyber Guardian 2012, Baltimore: April 30 - 06, 2012, SANS Toronto 2012, Toronto: May 14 - 20, 2012, Community SANS Ottawa, Ottawa: June 11 - 17, 2012, SANS Sydney 2012, Sydney, AU: November 12 - 18, 2012
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez.
- Subscribe to our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini. Wether you smoke an occasional cigar or daily, this show is for you! Tune in as we review the latest cigars being released and talk "Stogie Tech".
- Don't forget to Follow us on Twitter
Interview: Gene Kim
Since 1999, Gene Kim has been studying and benchmarking high performing IT operations and information security organizations. When Kim was the CTO/founder of Tripwire, he wrote the “Visible Ops Handbook,” which codified how these organizations transformed from “good to great,” which has sold over 200K copies to date. Follow him on Twitter at @RealGeneKim
Larry's (taken over by Darren cause Larry is a slacker) Stories
- Domain seizure This stuff gives me seizures alright. Jotform.com, a business providing hosting for online forms, has been seized by the Secret Service. “They have disabled the DNS without any prior notice or request,” Of course the registrar involved is GoDaddy.
- Privacy, what's that? Retailer Target knew the teenage girl was preggo before her dad did. Hilarity ensues (not really)
- Panic!! Or not. Dennis Fisher has a good, reasoned write up of the RSA key research.
- 0-day exploit middlemen are cowboys, ticking bomb at least according to Christopher Soghoian.