Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 279 for Thursday February 23d, 2012
- John Strand will be teaching Offensive Countermeasures at SANS Orlando March 23-24th: Check it out here
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Defenses 5 times this year: vLive!: April 16 - 22, 2012, SANS Cyber Guardian 2012, Baltimore: April 30 - 06, 2012, SANS Toronto 2012, Toronto: May 14 - 20, 2012, Community SANS Ottawa, Ottawa: June 11 - 17, 2012, SANS Sydney 2012, Sydney, AU: November 12 - 18, 2012
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez.
- Subscribe to our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini. Whether you smoke an occasional cigar or daily, this show is for you! Tune in as we review the latest cigars being released and talk "Stogie Tech".
- Don't forget to Follow us on Twitter
Interview: Tanya Baccam
Tanya is a SANS senior instructor, courseware author and consultant on perimeter security, network infrastructure design, system audits, and Web server security. Tanya is a widely respected expert on Oracle Database security and owner of Baccam Consulting.
- Tell us how you got your start in Information Security
- Has the threat landscape changed towards databases since you began to focus on database security?
- What are your top things to check when it comes to tightening database security? What are some of the quick wins that companies should look at for database security?
- What tools do you use in your everyday work to defend and validate the information in your client's databases?
- What are your favorite tools for securing the perimeter?
- As we move towards a mobile workforce, have database vendors kept up with security or are they falling behind?
Guest Tech Segment: Doug Burk on Security Onion
Doug Burk is a SANS GSE and Community Instructor, Network Security Monitoring enthusiast and author of the Security Onion. He's on to give us an overview of Security Onion and it's main features.
Security Onion download