Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 280 for Thursday March 15th, 2012
- John Strand will be teaching Offensive Countermeasures at SANS Orlando March 23-24th: Check it out here
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Defenses 5 times this year: vLive!: April 16 - 22, 2012, SANS Cyber Guardian 2012, Baltimore: April 30 - 06, 2012, SANS Toronto 2012, Toronto: May 14 - 20, 2012, Community SANS Ottawa, Ottawa: June 11 - 17, 2012, SANS Sydney 2012, Sydney, AU: November 12 - 18, 2012
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez.
- Subscribe to our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini. Whether you smoke an occasional cigar or daily, this show is for you! Tune in as we review the latest cigars being released and talk "Stogie Tech".
- Security BSides everywhere: Iowa, London, Chicago, Austin, Charleston, more. http://www.securitybsides.com/
- Don't forget to Follow us on Twitter
CCDC Competition Discussion
- What is the Mid-Atlantic CCDC?
- What is PaulDotCom doing here?
- What did Larry and Darren build for the competition?
- One of the most popular questions, what can blue teams do to survive?
- What can the red team do to be more effective than ever before?
- How can we watch the competition?
TSA Full-Body Scanner Failure - "by placing the object on your side, the black image is hidden against the scanner's black background" - proved by John Strand with chapstick on the way down. Digininja's Poll on Breaking into security - Preliminary results are that Python and Bash scripting are the hacker's choice and Certs (not the edible kind) are useful. Fill out the quiz.