Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 287 for Thursday May 10th, 2012
- Register today for Offensive Countermeasures: Defensive Tactics That Actually Work at SANSFIRE July 7, 2012 - July 8, 2012 with the freewheeling, piano playing & clown loving John Strand!
- You can watch us live at http://pauldotcom.com/live or watch the recorded episodes on Ustream
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez and our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini.
Special Guest: Anton Chuvakin
Dr. Anton Chuvakin is a Research Director at Gartner's IT1 Security and Risk Management Strategies team. He is a recognized security expert in the field of log management, SIEM and PCI DSS compliance and author of "Security Warrior" and "PCI Compliance".
Guest Tech Segment: Daniel Martin
Some More Plugs
- Be sure to register for Carlos Perez class "Introduction to PowerShell for Security Professionals" happening at DerbyCon.
- Larry is teaching for SANS, check out Larry's very own dedicated page on the SANS web site for a complete list.
- DerbyCon Call for Papers and Ticket Registration is: happening NOW. The PaulDotCom crew will be in attendance for DerbyCon. Training begins Thursday September 27th and the DerbyCon conference runs the 28th thru 30th.
- Security BSides everywhere: Iowa, London, Chicago, Austin, Charleston, more. http://www.securitybsides.com/ - We have 5 BSides tickets to give away! Listen to the instructions at the end of Episode 282 for complete details!