Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 287 for Thursday May 10th, 2012
- Register today for Offensive Countermeasures: Defensive Tactics That Actually Work at SANSFIRE July 7, 2012 - July 8, 2012 with the freewheeling, piano playing & clown loving John Strand!
- You can watch us live at http://pauldotcom.com/live or watch the recorded episodes on Ustream
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez and our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini.
Special Guests: Anton Chuvakin
Alex is a Senior Product Manager for Core, a serial hoarder, and certified Breadth and Depth expert. Previously he ran the System Engineering team at Core, helping to provide training and customer support services to CORE IMPACT'S user base. Alex brings a deep knowledge and understanding of vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and network administration to his work at Core as well as to cigar smoking.
Mike Yaffe is the Director of Marketing for Core, and a pretty one at that. At Core, Mike is responsible for driving the company's strategic marketing efforts for CORE INSIGHT Enterprise.
Some More Plugs
- Be sure to register for Carlos Perez class "Introduction to PowerShell for Security Professionals" happening at DerbyCon.
- Larry is teaching for SANS, check out Larry's very own dedicated page on the SANS web site for a complete list.
- DerbyCon Call for Papers and Ticket Registration is: happening NOW. The PaulDotCom crew will be in attendance for DerbyCon. Training begins Thursday September 27th and the DerbyCon conference runs the 28th thru 30th.
- Security BSides everywhere: Iowa, London, Chicago, Austin, Charleston, more. http://www.securitybsides.com/ - We have 5 BSides tickets to give away! Listen to the instructions at the end of Episode 282 for complete details!