Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 287 for Thursday May 10th, 2012
- Register today for Offensive Countermeasures: Defensive Tactics That Actually Work at SANSFIRE July 7, 2012 - July 8, 2012 with the freewheeling, piano playing & clown loving John Strand!
- You can watch us live at http://pauldotcom.com/live or watch the recorded episodes on Ustream
- Check out our new shows: Hack Naked TV with John Strand, Hack Naked At Night with Larry and Darren, PaulDotCom Espanol with Carlos Perez and our only non-computer security related show dedicated to Cigar Enthusiasts Stogie Geeks with Paul Asadoorian and Tim "BugBear" Mugherini.
Special Guest: Anton Chuvakin
Dr. Anton Chuvakin is a Research Director at Gartner's IT1 Security and Risk Management Strategies team. He is a recognized security expert in the field of log management, SIEM and PCI DSS compliance and author of "Security Warrior" and "PCI Compliance".
Guest Tech Segment: Daniel Martin
Daniel Martin is member of the Dradis Framework Core Team and founder of Security Roots Ltd. He blogs at usefulfor.com and can be found on Twitter as @etdsoft.
Dradis is an open source framework to enable effective information sharing, specially during security assessments.
Security Roots Ltd for Dradis Professional Edition
VulnDB HQ (platform to manage vuln. data for reports) is a platform that lets you build and maintain a vulnerability database. "Why does your team need to write up the same vulnerability descriptions again and again? How much time will you save if you could reuse issue descriptions from previous reports?"
Some More Plugs
- Be sure to register for Carlos Perez class "Introduction to PowerShell for Security Professionals" happening at DerbyCon.
- Larry is teaching for SANS, check out Larry's very own dedicated page on the SANS web site for a complete list.
- DerbyCon Call for Papers and Ticket Registration is: happening NOW. The PaulDotCom crew will be in attendance for DerbyCon. Training begins Thursday September 27th and the DerbyCon conference runs the 28th thru 30th.
- Security BSides everywhere: Iowa, London, Chicago, Austin, Charleston, more. http://www.securitybsides.com/ - We have 5 BSides tickets to give away! Listen to the instructions at the end of Episode 282 for complete details!