From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 309 for Tuesday November 20th, 2012
- NEW Register for Offensive Countermeasures: Defensive Tactics That Actually Work being offered at SANS CDI.
- Be sure to check out the The Stogie Geeks Show! For cigar enthusiasts, by cigar enthusiasts.
- Bsides everywhere baby! Likely there is one near you, so check the web site www.securitybsides.com. Next local BSides is in Boston on February 23d.
- Larry teaching SANS SEC617 all over and coming to a city near you in 2013
- Please fill out Intern Mike's survey for which locations and what SANS Mentor-led courses you'd like to see in the Boston-area.
- Sure, I'll be your Unicorn says Wendy Nather- who has an interesting post on her Idoneous Security Blog discussing the scarcity of women in InfoSec.
- Children should be at least 13 years old to use Internet at least according to a poll conducted by the University of Michigan. Seen and not heard, or surfed?
- Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants A bill which was supposed to improve privacy protections has been bastardized to do the opposite. Yay political spinelessness.