Announcements & Shameless Plugs
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 328 for Thursday April 18th, 2013
- Register for both our tracks at Blackhat USA Las Vegas! Defensive Countermeasures: Foundations for Becoming a Devious Defender and Offensive Countermeasures: The Art Of Active Defense July 27-28 & 29-30, register before May 31 for the best price!
- Register for our free webcast Hacking Embedded Systems (No Axe Required) on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM EDT to hear Paul talk about hacking embedded systems on the fly, on the cheap no soldering iron required! (we are also looking for sponsors for this webcast so please contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!)
- Come to Security BSides Rhode Island Two-Day Conference on June 14th and 15th tickets are NOW ON SALE at WePay.com. Featured presentations from Josh Wright , Kevin Finisterre, Kati Rodzon and Mike Murray, Bruce Potter, Joe McCray,Ron Gula, Ben Jackson, Dave Maynor and the entire PaulDotCom crew!
- If you are in the Boston area, check out BSides Boston with Keynotes by Dan Geer and Josh Corman on Saturday May 18th!
- The Stogie Geeks Show! - Kick some ash with the Stogie Geeks, Sunday nights at 8:30PM EST. Come have a cigar with us! If you are in the Rhode Island area please visit our sponsor the Havana Cigar Club, its an awesome place to have a drink! Make sure you print out your [ $5.00 off coupon here]! (Web site experiencing problems, will update link when it comes back)
Interview: Dr. Whit Diffie
Dr. Diffie is a pioneer of public-key cryptography and was VP of Information Security and Cryptography at ICANN. He is author of Privacy on the Line: The Politics of Wiretapping and Encryption.
Interview: Jeremy Zerechak
- We are in the process of archiving and cataloging our technical segments, please visit the PaulDotCom Technical Library and we indexed all of the interviews we have conducted. We are also working on updating all of the articles, so check the newsletter or if you want to help in exchange for some free guidance and security training please email me.
- Larry teaching SANS SEC617 all over and coming to a city near you in 2013. It isn't too Late to sign up for my class in San Diego this May!
- If you are interested in hosting SANS Training in the Boston area via the mentor format, please send us an email at mike -at - pauldotcom.com! We're looking for a location that can host 2 hours in the evening, 1 night a week, for 10 weeks.