Difference between revisions of "Episode374"
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
=Tech Segment: Steve
=Tech Segment: Steve =
Revision as of 12:09, 22 May 2014
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 373 for Thursday May 22nd, 2014
And now, from the dark corners of the Internet, where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, and the beer flows steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- This segment is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks creators of THE next-generation firewalls, helping you enforce network security policies based on applications, users, and content. Visit them on the web at www.paloaltonetworks.com
- and by Tenable Network Security, the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Check out Tenable's other cool products such as the passive vulnerability scanner and SecurityCenter Continuous View. Visit them on the web at www.tenable.com
- Really quick:
- Be sure to check out our new 4 day Active Defense and Offensive Countermeasures class at Black Hat Vegas!
- You can purchase Hack Naked T-Shirts online via http://shop.securityweekly.com get yours today!
- Attend the show live if you are in the RI area, check http://securityweekly.com/attend for details
Guest Interview: Oj Reeves (@TheColonial)
OJ also known as TheColonial, comes from a developer background. In 2013, he looked at changing paths and found the infosec community. He's worked with rapid7, improving meterpreter and a slew of other projects that are full of awesomeness including kiwi and the optimal sub encoder for metasploit.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of Ass Grabby Grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would it be?
Tech Segment: Steve Christey
Steve Christey is a Principal Information Security Engineer in the Security and Information Operations Division at The MITRE Corporation. He is the editor of the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) list, Chair of the CVE Editorial Board, and technical lead for the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), CWSS, and the CWE/SANS Top 25 Software Most Dangerous Software Errors.
- This segment is brought to you by http://www.blacksquirrel.io/ - Pentest Networks from Your Browser! Exploit the limits of network security through just a browser. Have a Chrome exploit in your toolkit? Good, but for the rest of us there's Black Squirrel. Visit blacksquirrel.io for more information.
- and by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
- and by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at pwnieexpress.com