Difference between revisions of "Episode383"
Latest revision as of 21:32, 24 October 2014
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 383 for Thursday August 14th, 2014
And now, from the dark corners of the Internet, where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, and the beer flows steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- This segment is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks creators of THE next-generation firewalls, helping you enforce network security policies based on applications, users, and content. Visit them on the web at www.paloaltonetworks.com
- and by The SANS institute the most trusted source for computer security training, certification and research. visit www.sans.org to learn more
"Now, fire up a packet capture, pour yourself a beer, and give the intern control of your botnet..."
"Here's your host, a man who rides around Vegas with his head out the window, panting like a dog....and it isn't at the women!", Paul Asadoorian!"
- Announcement - The PVS contest from Tenable! Register Here to enter a contest and win an AR Drone! You must use the PVS to find something cool, details on the registration page.
- Security Weekly Updates:
- SANS Las Vegas from October 26-27th will debut a new course titled "Embedded Device Security Assessments for the Rest of Us" which will teach students how to assess embedded systems of all varieties on pen tests and in your duties as a security professional. Register Here.
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses at SANS Las Vegas from October 20-25th.
- You can purchase Hack Naked T-Shirts online via http://shop.securityweekly.com get yours today!
- Attend the show live if you are in the RI area, check http://securityweekly.com/attend for details
Interview: Adrien de Beaupre
Adrien de Beaupre is a certified SANS instructor and works as an independent consultant in beautiful Ottawa, Ontario. His work experience includes technical instruction, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response and forensic analysis. He is a member of the SANS Internet Storm Center (isc.sans.edu). He is actively involved with the information security community, and has been working with SANS since 2000. Adrien holds a variety of certifications including the GXPN, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CISSP, OPST, and OPSA. When not geeking out he can be found with his family, or at the dojo.
- First, I see a pic of an STI on your Google+ page, you must elaborate on any after market upgrades...
- Adrien de Beaupre will discuss multi-post XSRF attacks.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of Ass Grabby Grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- If you could have dinner with one celebrity, who would it be?
Eleven more questions to ask at random:
- If you had super powers, what would they be?
- A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
- Pick two celebrities to be your parents.
- What do you think about when you are alone in your car?
- What song best describes your life?
- If you were a Star Trek® [or Star Wars® ] character, which one would it be?
- If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?
- What is the record amount of time you have gone without a shower?
- What is the geekiest thing you've ever done/created/bought/said?
- If you could have 5 items fully stocked in your fridge at all times, what would they be?
Interview: Daniel Ayoub Introduces iGuardian
- This segment is brought to you by Tenable Network Security, the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Check out the new Nessus Enterprise and Nessus Enterprise cloud, engage your IT department in the vulnerability management process today!
- Also by http://www.blacksquirrel.io/ - Pentest Networks from Your Browser! Exploit the limits of network security through just a browser. Have a Chrome exploit in your toolkit? Good, but for the rest of us there's Black Squirrel. Visit blacksquirrel.io for more information.
Daniel Ayoub - Co-Founder of Itus Networks.
Creative Visionary and Inventor of the iGuardian. Daniel is a lifelong hobbyist and hacker turned entrepreneur. When not working on keeping the Internet safer for everyone's home, he enjoys spending time with his wife, two young boys and dog in sunny San Jose.
Jock Breitwieser - Co-Founder of Itus Networks.
Marketing and communications professional, with 20 years experience in the high-tech industry. Born in Germany, but Californian at heart. In his (rare) free time he loves to hang out with his family and friends and do the occasional triathlon.
- Stories of the week is sponsored by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
- Also by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at http://pwnieexpress.com
- "BuildItSecure.ly - Securing the ""Internet of Things""
- Internet Of Things Security Reaches Tipping Point
- Why you need to do less if you want better security
- The biggest iPhone security risk could be connecting one to a computer | Network World
- Study finds firmware plagued by poor encryption and backdoors | PCWorld
- Home routers supplied by ISPs can be compromised en masse - Computerworld
- "ISP-Supplied Home Routers Could be Compromised Through Protocol That Allows Remote Troubleshooting (August 10
- "Good bot