MP3 < Not yet published!
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 397 for Tuesday November 25th, 2014
And now, from the dark corners of the Internet, where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, and the beer flows steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- This interview is sponsored by Palo Alto Networks creators of THE next-generation firewalls, helping you enforce network security policies based on applications, users, and content. Visit them on the web at www.paloaltonetworks.com
- And by The SANS institute the most trusted source for computer security training, certification and research. visit www.sans.org to learn more
- And by Tenable Network Security, the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Check out the new Nessus Enterprise and Nessus Enterprise cloud, engage your IT department in the vulnerability management process today!
- And by Black Squirrel. Pentest Networks from Your Browser! Exploit the limits of network security through just a browser. Have a Chrome exploit in your toolkit? Good, but for the rest of us there's Black Squirrel. Visit blacksquirrel.io for more information.
"Now, fire up a packet capture, pour yourself a beer, and give the intern control of your botnet..."
"Here's your host, a man who's chest hair really isn't on his chest, in a hair length rivaling Jack's, Paul Asadoorian"
- Security Weekly Announcements:
- Check out the SteelCon competition. Enter to win a SecurityTube Training course. You must write documentation for an open source project. Details can be found on the website. http://www.steelcon.info/competition/documentation-competition/
- Larry teaching SANS 617 Wireless Ethical Hacking and Defense coming up in Orlando April 11-18 and Berlin, Germany June 22-27
Guest Interview: Paul Coggin
Paul Coggin is a Senior Principal Cyber Security Analyst with Dynetics, Inc in Huntsville, Alabama. Paul is responsible for architecting and securing large complex tactical, critical infrastructure and service provider networks. Paul’s expertise includes tactical, service provider and ICS\SCADA network infrastructure hacker attacks and defenses as well as large complex network design and implementation. Paul’s experience includes leading network architecture reviews, vulnerability analysis and penetration testing engagements for critical infrastructure networks.
Paul is a frequent speaker on offense and defense topics related to critical infrastructure networks. He has presented at conferences around the world including Hack In Paris, DeepIntel, DerbyCon, BSides, Hacker Halted, COUNTERMEASURE, TakeDownCon, DeepSec. Paul is a Cisco Systems Certified Instructor # 32230, Certified EC-Council Instructor and a certified SCADA security architect. He has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, a master’s in Computer Information Systems, a master’s in Information Assurance and Security and currently is pursuing a master’s in Systems Management. In addition he holds a wide array of certifications from Cisco, EC Council, ISC^2, and others.. Paul is the organizer for BSides Huntsville.
Paul has a talk regarding MPLS and BPG, two common routing protocols used on the internet. He will be talking about how it can be hijacked.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby grabby do you prefer to go first or second?
- Pick two celebrities to be your parents.
- Stories of the week is brought to you by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
- And by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at http://pwnieexpress.com
- And by Black Hills Information Security, the leaders in penetration testing and active defense. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote today!