- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 416 - 6:00PM
- 2 Guest Interview: Dan McInerney - 6:05PM-6:35PM
- 3 Technical Segment: 6:35PM-7:00PM
- 4 Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 416 - 6:00PM
MP3 <-- Not yet recorded!
Intro, Sponsors & Announcements
[Cut to Paul Live Shot]
On Security Weekly tonight we have a special guest interview with Apollo Clark! He'll talk web application security, Kali Linux and be mixing drinks live in studio! Get our take on listener submitted Bash command line tips and tricks, and we'll cover stories of the week including some more massive D-Link fail. All that and more on this edition of Security Weekly, making the world a better place one episode at a time..."
[Cut to Security Weekly graphic]
Broadcasting live from G Unit Studios in Rhode Island, the show where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, and the cocktails flow steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
[Cut to sponsor logo]
- This segment is sponsored by The SANS institute the most trusted source for computer security training, certification and research. visit www.sans.org to learn more
- And by Tenable Network Security, creators of Nessus, the world's best vulnerability scanner! Jumpstart your security program today and evaluate SecurityCenter CV, THE continuous monitoring solution. www.tenable.com
[Cut to security weekly logo]
Now, fire up a packet capture, pour yourself a beer, and give the intern control of your botnet...
Here's your host, a man who once taught a german shepherd how to bark in spanish, and won a fist fight, using only his beard.......Paul Asadoorian!"
[Cut to live shot of Paul]
Hello everyone and welcome to Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 416 for Thursday April 30th, 2015
- Introduce hosts and guests
[Cut to Sponsor logos]
- Ready to learn Combat Firmware Analysis? Register for my Blackhat course "Embedded Device Security Assessments", a 2-day hosted class at Blackhat Las Vegas. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and access to the Blackhat Briefings Business Hall, Sponsor Workshops, Sponsor Sessions, and Arsenal! Visit http://securityweekly.com/iot to register today!
- Don't forget to Register for BSides Boston coming up on May 9th!
Guest Interview: Dan McInerney - 6:05PM-6:35PM
Brought to you by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at http://pwnieexpress.com
And by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
Dan wasted several years of life studying psychology in college before realizing that a.) he could teach himself everything he learned in college for free and more efficiently, and b.) he didn't actually want to go to school for another 12 years just a for a shot at a mediocre job. So he switched his router into WEP mode, cracked it, and was immediately and permanently addicted. His education from there on generally revolved around learning a security concept, then scripting it in Python to solidify the knowledge. This continued for the next several years until the end goal of his career was reached: getting onto PSW. Dan will likely cease all learning at this point as there is nothing left to achieve.
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby, do you prefer to go first or second?
- Choose two celebrities to be your parents.
Technical Segment: 6:35PM-7:00PM
And by Black Hills Information Security, the leaders in penetration testing and active defense. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote today!
- Don't forget to Register for SOURCE Boston coming up April 25-28th!
Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
- Looking for a career change? Tenable Network Security is hiring! Everything from programmers to researchers, check out all of the available positions at http://securityweekly.com/tenablejobs. If you are listening to this show, check out the following two positions, both technical and both are work from home:
- Security Weekly listeners receive 10% off products in our store with discount code 'IHACKNAKED'
- Larry teaching SANS 617 Wireless Ethical Hacking and Defense coming up in Orlando April 11-18, Austin, TX May 18-23, Baltimore, MD (SANSFIRE) June 13-20, and Berlin, Germany June 22-27