- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 443 - 6:00PM
- 2 Guest Interview: Micah Zenko - 6:05PM-6:45PM
- 3 Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 443 - 6:00PM
Intro, Sponsors & Announcements
This week we interview Micah Zenko, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and author of the new book "Red Team: How to Succeed By Thinking Like the Enemy."
Broadcasting live from G Unit Studios in Rhode Island, the show where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, systems aren't the only things getting penetrated, functions are the only things getting wrapped, bits aren't the only things getting banged and the cocktails flow steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- Brought to you by Black Hills Information Security, the leaders in penetration testing and active defense. Email email@example.com to request a quote today!
- And by Netsparker, the developers of the ONLY false positive free web application security scanners, enabling you to automatically identify vulnerabilities and security flaws in all your websites, web applications and web services. Netsparker scanners are available in two editions, Netsparker Desktop and Netsparker Cloud, the enterprise level online scanning service. For more information visit their website on https//www.netsparker.com/securityweekly/
- Looking for a career change? Tenable Network Security is hiring! Everything from programmers to researchers, check out all of the available positions at http://securityweekly.com/tenablejobs. If you are listening to this show, check out the following two positions, both technical and both are work from home: Nessus Vulnerability Research Engineer and C Software Engineer
- Brought to you by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at http://pwnieexpress.com
Paul: Hello everyone and welcome to Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 442 for Thursday, November 19th 2015
- Use discount code "BLACKFRIDAY" and save 50% on all items in the store, including Hack Naked shirts and limited edition Security Weekly 10-year anniversary hoodies! Visit http://shop.securityweekly.com today!
Guest Interview: Micah Zenko - 6:05PM-6:45PM
Micah Zenko is a senior fellow in the Center for Preventive Action (CPA) at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). Previously, he worked for five years at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, and in Washington, DC, at the Brookings Institution, Congressional Research Service, and State Department's Office of Policy Planning.
Zenko has published on a range of national security issues, including articles in Foreign Affairs, the Journal of Strategic Studies, Defense and Security Analysis, and Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, and op-eds in the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and the New York Times. He writes the blog Politics, Power and Preventive Action, which covers U.S. national security policy, international security, and conflict prevention, and also has a column on ForeignPolicy.org. He tweets at @MicahZenko and has been named by Foreign Policy as one of “The FP Twitterati 100” multiple times.
Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
- This segment is sponsored by The SANS institute the most trusted source for computer security training, certification and research. visit www.sans.org to learn more
- And by Tenable Network Security, creators of Nessus, the world's best vulnerability scanner! Jumpstart your security program today and evaluate SecurityCenter CV, THE continuous monitoring solution. www.tenable.com
- And by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/