- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 476
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Lance James - 6:00PM-7:00PM
- 4 Technical Segment - 7:00PM-7:30PM
- 5 Security News - 7:30PM-8:00PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 476
Recorded: August 10, 2016
 Coming Soon
Interview: Lance James - 6:00PM-7:00PM
Lance James serves as Chief Scientist at Flashpoint where he heads up research and engages in thought leadership. Prior to joining Flashpoint, Mr. James was the Head of Cyber Intelligence at Deloitte & Touche LLP.
An internationally renowned information security specialist, Mr. James has more than fifteen years of experience in programming, network security, digital forensics, malware research, cryptography design, cryptanalysis, counterintelligence, and protocol exploitation. He provides advisory services to a wide range of government agencies and Fortune 500 organizations including America’s top financial services institutions. Credited with the identification of Zeus and other malware, Mr. James is an active contributor to the evolution of security practices and counterintelligence tactics and strategies.
Mr. James was the founding force behind the CryptoLocker Working Group, where he and his team of researchers were acknowledged for their critical role in disrupting CryptoLocker as part of an FBI-led takedown operation. Over the years, he has championed other takedowns of criminal organizations through his strategic alliances with industry, academia, and law enforcement.
- Three words to describe yourself.
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby, do you prefer to go first or second?
- Choose two celebrities to be your parents.
Technical Segment - 7:00PM-7:30PM
Security News - 7:30PM-8:00PM
- Carlos adds user to his test AD domain
- About the DEF CON 24 Wireless network - a response to the Register article
- What is old is new again - TCP spoofing sequence number style
- Apple launches (invite only) bug bounty program
- Profiling clients using SSL/TLS