- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 479
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Joshua Corman, Cyber Statecraft Initiative- 6:00PM-6:30PM
- 4 Listener Feedback: Magic Wiffle Dust - 6:30PM-7:30PM
- 5 Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 479
Recorded: September 1, 2016
- Visit http://securityweekly.com/hotseat for the latest edition happening on Sept 13th 2PM EST, register today! We wile sit down with Yolonda Smith, Director of Product Management with Pwnie Express. We will dig into the shift in the number, types, and ownership of devices showing up on enterprise networks, and how you can protect your company from new threats from these devices. We will also get into some cool tech for monitoring and securing your enterprise from wireless, bluetooth, cellular and even good old wired device threats.
- Make sure you visit http://securityweekly.com/subscribe and subscribe to our new shows including Enterprise Security Weekly and Startup Security Weekly. You can also subscribe to all shows individually, as well as a main feed which contains this show, Hack Naked TV and Enterprise Security Weekly.
Interview: Joshua Corman, Cyber Statecraft Initiative- 6:00PM-6:30PM
Director of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative, The Atlantic Council
Joshua Corman is Director of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative for the Atlantic Council. He co-founded @RuggedSoftware and @IamTheCavalry to encourage new security approaches in response to increasing dependence on technology. Corman's unique approach to security in the context of human factors, adversary motivations and social impact has positioned him as one of the most trusted names in security. - See more at: https://www.rsaconference.com/speakers/joshua-corman#sthash.5MLY2sVC.dpuf
The State Of Healthcare Security
I have lots of questions and concerns, mostly stemming from my most popular Tweet ever:
Listener Feedback: Magic Wiffle Dust - 6:30PM-7:30PM
My name is John Greving and I am writing a piece on data security for the InfoSec Institute. The article is comparing the relative merits of the cloud vs. on-premise-storage in terms of data security and we would love an expert (or in this case, a "security ninja") to weigh in.
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- "Dropbox Breach
- L0phtCrack's back! Crack hack app whacks Windows 10 trash hashes
- One million IoT devices infected by Bashlite malware-driven DDoS botnet
- The most absurd Internet privacy class-action settlement ever
- Malware-Ridden Word Docs Lead To Microsoft Alert Blurt
- More Banks Plundered Through SWIFT Attacks
- Instagram Makes It Easier To Stalk Users
- New Cloud Attack Takes Full Control Of Virtual Machines With Little Effort
- Encryption Technology Causes More Cyber Attacks?
- RowHammer Meets Virtualization
- USBee Jumps Airgaps
- People will click on anything just for kicks