- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 483
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: - Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker 6:00-7:00PM
- 4 Listener Feedback: - 7:00PM-7:30PM
- 5 Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 483
Recorded: September 29, 2016
 Coming Soon
- Visit http://securityweekly.com/hotseat for the latest edition happening on Sept 13th 2PM EST, register today! We wile sit down with Yolonda Smith, Director of Product Management with Pwnie Express. We will dig into the shift in the number, types, and ownership of devices showing up on enterprise networks, and how you can protect your company from new threats from these devices. We will also get into some cool tech for monitoring and securing your enterprise from wireless, bluetooth, cellular and even good old wired device threats.
- Make sure you visit http://securityweekly.com/subscribe and subscribe to our new shows including Enterprise Security Weekly and Startup Security Weekly. You can also subscribe to all shows individually, as well as a main feed which contains this show, Hack Naked TV and Enterprise Security Weekly.
Interview: - Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker 6:00-7:00PM
Hacking web apps since 2003, web app sec expert, CEO of Netsparker - http://netsparker.com
Founder of Netsparker Ltd, Product Manager of Netsparker, Web Application Security Scanner. Developed the first and only false-positive free web application security scanner with state of the art accurate vulnerability detection and exploitation features, today used by thousands companies around the world. Changed the automated web application security space.
Frequent speaker at several conferences about Web Application Security, released several research papers and tools.
Coming from a developer background (C++, ASP, ASP.NET and PHP), working in the web application security area since 2002.
Deep understanding of web application security in both sides, attacking and defending. Between 2002-2006 worked for Turkish Army and Police as well as several big clients as freelance contractor, in Turkey, USA, Canada and UK.
I mostly focus in these technical areas: Web Application Security Research, Automated Vulnerability Detection & Exploitation.
Listener Feedback: - 7:00PM-7:30PM
"In addition to your wonderful podcast, I also listen to ISMG. Ran into this pile of bullshit this morning and I was hoping you guys would respond.
http://www.bankinfosecurity.com/interviews/interview-john-dickson-i-3333 at the core of the issue Dickson covers here, I think, is the issue of "old vs new" and "shadow IT". He says some of the right things, in a rather daunting way, almost sky-larkings -- then goes down-hill fast when "dynamic languages" are brought up. Different from my view, and I think also yours, is the need to work together, rather than work _with_ shadow IT.
maybe I'm wrong. can you comment?"
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
Michael's (Santa) Stories
This week Jack goes barking mad about "Active Defense", "Hacking Back", and Related Stupidity.