Paul's Security Weekly #534
Recorded October 19, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Wendy Nather, Duo Security - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Wendy Nather is Principal Security Strategist at Duo Security. She was previously the Research Director at the Retail ISAC, as well as Research Director of the Information Security Practice at independent analyst firm 451 Research. Wendy led IT security for the EMEA region of the investment banking division of Swiss Bank Corporation (now UBS), and served as CISO of the Texas Education Agency. She speaks regularly on topics ranging from threat intelligence to identity and access management, risk analysis, incident response, data security, and societal and privacy issues. Wendy is co-author of The Cloud Security Rules, and was listed as one of SC Magazine's Women in IT Security "Power Players" in 2014.
Tech Segment: Borrowing Data to “Hide” Binaries with Joe Vest and Andrew Chiles, MINIS - 6:45-7:45PM
Joe Vest is the Co-Founder of the security consulting company MINIS LLC. He has over 17 years' experience with a focus on red teaming, penetration testing, and application security. Joe is the co-author of the SANS SEC564 Red Teaming and Threat Emulation course.
Andrew is a Red Teamer at MINIS LLC.
Security News - 7:45-8:45PM
- Child Safety Smartwatches Easy To Hack, Watchdog Says
- Microsoft Never Disclosed 2013 Hack Of Secret Vulnerability Database
- Microsoft Mocks Google For Failed Security Fix Deployment Methodology
- Enable Google's New "Advanced Protection" If You Don't Want to Get Hacked
- 5 Steps to Building a Vulnerability Management Program Part 2
- 5 Steps to Building a Vulnerability Management Program Pt. 1
- Technology to Out Sex Workers
- Docker and Kubernetes: Breaking the Proprietary Mindset
- IoT Deployment Security Top Concern for Enterprises
- Kids smartwatches harbouring major security flaws
- Hackers Take Aim at SSH Keys in New Attacks
- Google Play Bounty Promises $1,000 Rewards for Flaws in Popular Apps