Difference between revisions of "Episode537"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 18:13, 16 November 2017
Paul's Security Weekly #537
Recorded November 16, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Kyle Wilhoit, DomainTools - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Kyle Wilhoit is a Sr. Security Researcher (or Purveyor of offensive security) at DomainTools. Kyle focuses on research DNS- related exploits, investigate current cyber threats, and exploration of attack origins and threat actors. More importantly, he causes pain to cyber criminals and state sponsored entities worldwide. Prior to joining DomainTools, he worked at Trend Micro as a Sr. Threat Researcher with a focus on original threat, malware, vulnerability discovery/analysis and criminal activity on the Internet. Previous to his work at Trend Micro, and he was at Fireeye hunting badness and puttin' the bruising on cyber criminals and state sponsored entities as a Threat Intel guy. Kyle is a co-author on the recently released book Hacking Exposed Industrial Control Systems: ICS and SCADA Security Secrets & Solutions. Kyle is also involved with several open source projects and actively enjoys reverse engineering things that shouldn't be.
- Trends in underground forums/markets
- Underground hosting environments
- Intelligence gathering on underground environments
Tech Segment: Mike Roderick & Adam Gordon, ITProTV - 6:45-7:30PM
Mike Rodrick from Norman, OK found his niche a little later for his life in the raucous scene of the 90s country western bar scene. It was there he developed the skill that would propel him to mullet fame: Line-Dancing. It is here at ITPro.TV his true skill shines. He’s our resident IT Security Kung-Fu Master only equaled by his skill in flattering our fearless ITPro.TV leader! With 10 years of IT instruction experience, he was hired as an ITProTV Edutainer in 2014. Mike enjoys working at ITProTV because he helps others become successful in IT and gets to learn new technology every day. ITProTV's learning method is his favorite because it's casual, informative, entertaining and gets viewers excited about IT.
Not too long ago rock star legend Jimi Hendrix posed the important question, “are you experienced,” foreshadowing the birth of one of the most expert Microsoft experts in the history of experts, Adam Gordon. Holding 160 certifications and counting, Adam’s encyclopedia of knowledge is only rivaled by his massive, and quite ridiculous, collection of socks. Adam’s 30+ years as an IT instructor in the private and public sectors are fueled by his passion for gobbling down espresso like a college kid downing beers at Oktoberfest. His long hair and assortment of bracelets are a memento of his days working in the music industry, rubbing shoulders with celebrities in exclusive European clubs, but he now lives the quiet, married life in South Florida, teaching and traveling with his wife and two daughters. Adam has been a SME for ITProTV for a long time, and we are excited to welcome him as a full-time host; check out his 19-page resume when you have a couple of hours to kill and want to feel like an underachiever. Learn all things Microsoft with Adam and stay updated on the latest trends in sock fashion live and on-demand with ITProTV.
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- DoD's Vuln Disclosure Program Racks Up 2,837 Security Flaws
- The Motherboard Guide To Not Getting Hacked
- UK Security Chief Blames Russia For Hacks
- Oracle Releases Security Alert
- Microsoft Patches 17-Year-Old Office Bug
- Cash Converters Reveals Data Breach
- Apples Face ID security fooled by simple face mask
- Webroot security predictions 2018
- DJI Bug Bounty NDA Is 'Not Signable', Say Irate Infosec Researchers
- Forget APTs: Let's Talk about Advanced Persistent Infrastructure
- Books Id give to my 30yr old self
- A Boeing 757 was hacked remotely while it sat on the runway
- Attacks Exploit Microsoft Dynamic Data Exchange Protocol
- 121 Pieces of Malware Flagged on NSA Employee's Home Computer