Paul's Security Weekly #538
Recorded November 30, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Tech Segment: Kevin Fiscus, SANS Institute - 6:00-6:45PM
Kevin Fiscus is an information security expert with over 27 years of IT experience, over half of which has been focused exclusively on information security. During that time he has seen many ways that organizations fail at information security. He has been involved in handling security incidents, investigating security breaches that could, and should have been prevented.
Security News - 6:45-7:45PM
- Pay Attention to SD-WAN Security
- WordPress 4.9.1 Debuts with Updates to Harden Security
- Cisco Patches Critical Playback Bugs in WebEx Players
- The History and Reinvention of NAC
- Cryptocurrency Mining Scripts Now Run Even After You Close Your Browser
- HP Silently Installs Telemetry Bloatware On Your PCHere's How to Remove It
- Why <blank> Gets You Root
- NSA "Red Disk" Data Leak
- Cisco Releases Security Updates
- Apple Releases Security Update for macOS High Sierra
- Who Was the NSA Contractor Arrested for Leaking the Shadow Brokers Hacking Tools?
- NSA Hit by Yet Another Leak
- Hackers are Taking Advantage of Uber's Security Breach
- 1.7M Accounts Breached in Imgur Attack that Occurred in 2014