Paul's Security Weekly #538
Recorded November 30, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Allison Miller, Google - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Allison Miller has been working in the intersection of cybersecurity, human behavior, and predictive analytics for almost two decades. A proven innovator in the security industry, she has pioneered the use of data-driven detection technologies within security, anti-fraud/anti-abuse, and payments/commerce systems around the world. In addition, Allison is active in the security community as an advisor and leader, and continues to conduct and share research on topics in risk, cybersecurity, and economics — both locally in the SF Bay and internationally.
Tech Segment: Mick Douglas, SANS Institute - 6:45-7:45PM
- Pay Attention to SD-WAN Security
- WordPress 4.9.1 Debuts with Updates to Harden Security
- Cisco Patches Critical Playback Bugs in WebEx Players
- The History and Reinvention of NAC
- Cryptocurrency Mining Scripts Now Run Even After You Close Your Browser
- HP Silently Installs Telemetry Bloatware On Your PCHere's How to Remove It
- Why <blank> Gets You Root
- NSA "Red Disk" Data Leak
- Cisco Releases Security Updates
- Apple Releases Security Update for macOS High Sierra
- Why <blank> Gets You Root #iamroot
- Who Was the NSA Contractor Arrested for Leaking the Shadow Brokers Hacking Tools?
- NSA Hit by Yet Another Leak
- Hackers are Taking Advantage of Uber's Security Breach
- 1.7M Accounts Breached in Imgur Attack that Occurred in 2014
- Sexual Assault Also Impacts the Hacker Community