Paul's Security Weekly #552
Recorded March 22, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand. New webcast with LogRhythm called Getting Started With Threat Hunting Basics.
- Go to itpro.tv/securityweekly and use the code Secweekly30 to try it FREE for 7 days, and receive 30% off your monthly membership for the lifetime of your active subscription.
- Check out SOURCE Boston 2018 from May 9th - 10th! Go to sourceconference.com and register using the code SW75WMKW to get a $75 discount!
- Social Engineering Rhode Island 2018 - Ticket Sales are open for Social Engineering RI Conference. Saturday, June 6th at Salve Regina University in Newport RI. Go to - http://se-ri.org/ to register! Patrick Laverty will be joining us for an interview next week. Stay tuned to hear more about this conference!
Segment: How To Find The Most Innovative Tech At A Security Show - 6:45-7:45PM
Questions for sales people:
- What is the biggest differentiator or even better the reason people buy it?
- Who is your competition?
- What are people most impressed with when you do a demo?
- Why do people buy your product?
- What problems do people have that buy your product?
- What problems or challenges do you help solve for your existing customers?
Questions for slightly more technical people (evangelists or sales engineers):
- What is the feature you like best about your product?
- What is one feature that you wish more people knew about and used?
- Be specific with demos, ask to see a specific problem and solution
What to do when you encounter an event marketing person:
- Ask them to help you navigate, who have they sent to the show and what are the roles
- Do they have anyone from the vendor speaking at the event?
Some things that tend to be not the best usage of time:
- The printed materials handed out at the trade-show booth
- If they have a booth babe, they are out
- The signage and video loops seem to be of little help
- Sometimes local sales people make seem like you are wasting their time if so, run
Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
- Meet The Scarlett Johansson PostgreSQL Malware Attack
- Hacker Who Gave Up Wikileaks Source Dies
- Alex Stamos Might Be Leaving Facebook
- Israeli Security Attacks AMD by Publishing Zero-Day Exploits
- How We Reverse Engineered the Cuban Sonic Weapon Attack - IEEE Spectrum
- Researchers Can Earn up to $15K in Netflixs New Public Bug Bounty Program
- Travel site Orbitz warns data breach may have exposed 880,000 payment card details
- Apple To Fix Glitch Allowing Siri To Read Hidden Messages Out Loud
- Why Windows Defender Antivirus is the most deployed in the enterprise
- Hunting Cybercriminals with AWS Honey Tokens
- New whistleblower says Facebook turned a blind eye to covert data harvesting
- Is Application Security Dead?
- Uber Self-Driving Car Hits and Kills Pedestrian
- Facebook Data Harvesting Ethos Imperils Democracy
- Stamos Reportedly Leaving Facebook
- US Government Accuses Russia of Hacking Into Energy Infrastructure
- CIS Releases Revised Top-20 Critical Security Controls
- Atlanta hit by Ransomware Attack