Paul's Security Weekly #569
Recorded July 26, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- We just released our 2018 Listener Survey; Please go to securityweekly.com/survey to help us continue to provide you with quality content that doesn't break the build.
- Come to our Pool Cabana @ Black Hat and Def Con to pick up a free copy of "Cyber Hero Adventures". Here you will be able to get the comic book signed by Gary Berman.
Interview: Dean Coclin, DigiCert - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Dean Coclin is the Senior Director of Business Development at DigiCert. Dean brings more than 30 years of business development and product management experience in software, security, and telecommunications to the company. In his role at DigiCert, he's responsible for representing the company in industry consortia and driving the company's strategic alliances with technology partners. He's the past chair of the CA/Browser Forum and the current co-chair of the CA Security Council.
Interview: Chris Dale, Netsecurity - 6:45-7:45PM
Chris Dale is the Head of the Penetration Testing & Incident Handling groups at Netsecurity, a mid-sized company based out of Norway. Along with significant security expertise, Chris has a background in System Development, IT-Operations and Security Management. This broad experience in IT is advantageous when managing penetration tests, incidents and while teaching.
Chris is passionate about security -- both physical and in IT, and regularly presents and teaches at conferences and workshops. Chris holds the GCIH, GPEN, GSLC, and GMOB certifications. He also has a B.S in Informatics, with specialization in programming from Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He participates in panel debates and is invited to participate in Government related working groups, to recommend and improve the Norwegian private and public sectors.
Currently Chris teaches two SANS courses- MGT535: Incident Response Team Management and SEC504: Hacking Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling. SEC504 prepares students for the GIAC Certification in Incident Handling (GCIH).
Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
- Cosco at a lossco over ransomware tossco
- Bluetooth Bug Allows Man-in-the-Middle Attacks on Phones, Laptops
- Skills That a Next-Level Pentester Should Have
- Serial Killer Electrocutes Himself in Jail Cell Sex Act
- Would a bill banning bots do more harm than good?
- From today, Google Chrome starts marking all non-HTTPS sites 'Not Secure'
- Titan Security Keys Google launches its own USB-based FIDO U2F Keys
- Apache vulnerabilities spotted in OpenWhisk and Tomcat
- Want a $200k TIP? ZDI sticks bounties on bugs in big-name server code
- Malware targeting cash machines fetches top dollar on dark web
- Tenable Prices IPO, Raises $250 Million
- Bugs in Samsung IoT Hub Leave Smart Home Open To Attack
- 5 Ways Small Security Teams Can Defend Like Fortune 500 Companies