Recorded August 22, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Purple Teaming - Bryson Bort, Scythe - 6:00-6:30PM
Bryson is the Founder of SCYTHE, a start-up building a next generation attack emulation platform, and GRIMM, a boutique cybersecurity consultancy, and Co-Founder of the ICS Village, a non-profit advancing awareness of industrial control system security. He is a National Security Institute Fellow and an Advisor to the Army Cyber Institute. Prior, Bryson led an elite offensive capabilities development group. As a U.S. Army Officer, he served as a Battle Captain and Brigade Engineering Officer in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom before leaving the Army as a Captain. Bryson received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with honors from the United States Military Academy at West Point. He holds a Master’s Degree in Telecommunications Management from the University of Maryland, a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Florida, and completed graduate studies in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Texas.
Tech Segment: - 6:30 - 7:30PM
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Researchers find security flaws in 40 kernel drivers from 20 vendors | ZDNet
- What a security researcher learned from monitoring traffic at Defcon
- Gamers Beware: Zero-Day in Steam Client Affects All Windows Users
- We checked and yup, it's no longer 2001. And yet you can pwn a Windows box via Notepad.exe
- Hack in the box: Hacking into companies with warshipping
- New Bluetooth Vulnerability Lets Attackers Spy On Encrypted Connections
- A compendium of container escapes - Help Net Security
- NULL license plate gets security researcher $12K in tickets
- Serious flaws in six printer brands discovered, fixed
- Should You Upgrade to Wi-Fi 6?
- Intel Patches High-Severity Flaws in Tools, NUC Firmware | SecurityWeek.Com
- The Flaw in Vulnerability Management: It's Time to Get Real
- New Research Finds More Struts Vulnerabilities