From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded September 26, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: - 6:00-6:30PM
Tech Segment: Philippe Courtot, Qualys - 6:30 - 7:30PM
Security News - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Top 5 Git Security Mistakes - Security Boulevard
- CrowdStrike-Ukraine Explained
- Security capabilities are lagging behind cloud adoption - Help Net Security
- Rise of RDP as a target vector - Help Net Security
- Google wins landmark case: Right to be forgotten only applies in EU
- Honeywell Launches New Industrial Cybersecurity Platform | SecurityWeek.Com
- Slideshows - Dark Reading
- What Is CrowdStrike and Why Is Donald Trump Blabbering About It to Ukraine
- Think You Don't Need a VPN? Use One Anyway
- Confused why Trump fingered CrowdStrike in that Ukraine call? You're not the only one...
- Magecart Targets Routers For Commercial Wi-Fi Networks
- Adopting DevOps practices leads to improved security posture - Help Net Security
- How can we thwart email-based social engineering attacks? - Help Net Security
- USBsamurai for Dummies: How To Make a Malicious USB Implant & Bypass Air-Gapped Environments for 10$. The Dumb-Proof Guide.
- Vimeo sued for storing faceprints of people without their say-so
- Cylance Founder Stuart McClure Leaves BlackBerry | SecurityWeek.Com
- There Is Life for the CISO After a Breach | SecurityWeek.Com
- Cisco Patches 13 High-Severity Router and Switch Bugs
- Most of Ecuadors Population gets hacked
- Botnet exploits recent vBulletin flaw to protect its bots
- Help! My AWS Server Has Been Hacked!
- Update on the Coalfire pentesters…
- WeWork WiFi - Documents sent on WeWork's unsecured network included financial records, bank account credentials and a cat photo of Nicolas Cage. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
- Github Acquires Semmle - does that mean we now get free code audits?
- Snowden sued for his memoir - because he did not submit it to the publications office first…
- MITRE updates the top CWE 25