Recorded September 26, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- 1 Episode Audio
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Security News - 6:00-6:30PM
- 4 SE Village Interviews: Billy Boatright, Edward Miro, and Jayson Street - 6:30 - 7:30PM
- 5 SE Village Interviews: Perry Carpenter and Chris Pritchard - 7:30PM-8:30PM
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Security News - 6:00-6:30PM
- Top 5 Git Security Mistakes - Security Boulevard
- CrowdStrike-Ukraine Explained
- Security capabilities are lagging behind cloud adoption - Help Net Security
- Rise of RDP as a target vector - Help Net Security
- Google wins landmark case: Right to be forgotten only applies in EU
- Honeywell Launches New Industrial Cybersecurity Platform | SecurityWeek.Com
- Slideshows - Dark Reading
- What Is CrowdStrike and Why Is Donald Trump Blabbering About It to Ukraine
- Think You Don't Need a VPN? Use One Anyway
- Confused why Trump fingered CrowdStrike in that Ukraine call? You're not the only one...
- Magecart Targets Routers For Commercial Wi-Fi Networks
- Adopting DevOps practices leads to improved security posture - Help Net Security
- How can we thwart email-based social engineering attacks? - Help Net Security
- USBsamurai for Dummies: How To Make a Malicious USB Implant & Bypass Air-Gapped Environments for 10$. The Dumb-Proof Guide.
- Vimeo sued for storing faceprints of people without their say-so
- Cylance Founder Stuart McClure Leaves BlackBerry | SecurityWeek.Com
- There Is Life for the CISO After a Breach | SecurityWeek.Com
- Cisco Patches 13 High-Severity Router and Switch Bugs
- Most of Ecuadors Population gets hacked
- Botnet exploits recent vBulletin flaw to protect its bots
- Help! My AWS Server Has Been Hacked!
- Update on the Coalfire pentesters…
- WeWork WiFi - Documents sent on WeWork's unsecured network included financial records, bank account credentials and a cat photo of Nicolas Cage. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
- Github Acquires Semmle - does that mean we now get free code audits?
- Snowden sued for his memoir - because he did not submit it to the publications office first…
- MITRE updates the top CWE 25
- 24 hours.150 speakers.free online. 150 practitioner-led sessions across 5 tracks, followed by live Q&A on Slack. not technically a story, but looks kinda cool...and it's FREE!
- Hacker Takes Over Couple's Smart Home, Plays Vulgar Music And Raises Temperature to 90 Degrees
Security Warning For 23 Million YouTube Creators Following ‘Massive’ Hack Attack]
- What kind of information do hackers get from hospital data breaches?
- How Trump’s Ukraine Mess Entangled CrowdStrike Trump? Ukraine? CrowdStrike? NSA? Hmmm....
- Here's what it's like being a hacker millionaire under the age of 25
- Selfie Android Apps Push Ads, Can Record Audio Two Android apps with 1.5 million installs aggressively push adware to targeted devices. Include "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" permission which can be used for clickjacking attacks and "RECORD_AUDIO" permission which allows audio recording without user permission.
- Mattress Company Leaks Data Records of 387K Customers Wis.-based Verlo Matteress Factory leaked PII, purportedly only from a single store, through non-password protected database. Users may lose sleep as it also included information about the victim's systems, IP, ports, pathways and storage.
- Edge Computing will become more important than Cloud Computing by 2025 Linux Foundations' Baetyl and Fledge projects designed to make edge computing ecosystem open and interoperable without ties to specific hardware, chip, cloud or OS.
- Google wins EU privacy case Ruling that right to be forgotten only applies for searches within the 28 country EU block.
- Thinkful resets passwords after breach exposes coders Company credentials used by developers were exposed. Most likely source was a phishing attack aginst sysetm administrator. Speculation is that acquisition by Chegg, increased the attack surface, and market position and provided opportunity.
SE Village Interviews: Billy Boatright, Edward Miro, and Jayson Street - 6:30 - 7:30PM
We interview Billy Boatright, Edward Miro, and Jayson Street at DEF CON SE Village.
- Billy talks about Impostor Syndrome.
- Edward Miro talks about Rideshare OSINT – Car Based SE For Fun & Profit.
- Jayson Street talks about Hugs, SE Village, Security Awareness, and DEF CON itself.
SE Village Interviews: Perry Carpenter and Chris Pritchard - 7:30PM-8:30PM
We interview Perry Carpenter and Chris Pritchard at DEF CON SE Village.
- Perry Carpenter talks about how (as someone on the autism spectrum) has used various social-engineering related skills to become extremely successful in my career.
- Chris Pritchard talks about the basics of Social Engineering aKa how I break into Casinos, Airports and Critical National Infrastructure.