Difference between revisions of "Episode622"
From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
= - 7:30PM-8:30PM =
Revision as of 15:28, 24 September 2019
Recorded October 3, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Security News - 6:00-6:30PM
- American Express Insider Breaches Cardholder Information
- Turkey fines Facebook $282,000 over privacy breach
- FBI: Don't pay ransomware demands, stop encouraging cybercriminals
- WhatsApp Flaw Opens Android Devices to Remote Code Execution Attacks
- Measuring the Security of IoT Devices - Schneier on Security
- Good cybersecurity comes from focusing on the right things, but what are they? - Help Net Security
- Skylight Cyber | All Your Cloud Are Belong To Us (CVE-2019-12491)
- MITRE ATT&CK: Clipboard data
- 10 Cybersecurity Myths That Criminals Love
- Top 5 New Open Source Security Vulnerabilities in September 2019
- The Secret to CISO Success? Do This One Thing Extremely Well - Accellion
Tech Segment: - 6:30 - 7:30PM