Recorded October 31, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Philippe Courtot & Sumedh Thakar, Qualys - 6:00-6:30PM
As Chief Product Officer at Qualys, Sumedh oversees worldwide engineering, development and product management for the Qualys software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform and integrated suite of security and compliance applications. A core systems and database engineer, Sumedh started at Qualys in 2003, architecting and delivering Qualys’ PCI compliance platform to meet the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) requirements. Today, more than 69 percent of ASVs and 50 percent of QSAs worldwide use Qualys PCI to perform PCI DSS certification.
A long time advocate of the SaaS model and cloud computing, Sumedh worked at Intacct, a cloud-based financial and accounting software provider, before working at Qualys. Previous to Intacct, Sumedh worked at Northwest Airlines to develop complex algorithms for yield and revenue management for their backend reservation system.
Sumedh is active in the PCI and security community working closely with the PCI Council on the development and enhancement of PCI DSS. He co-authored “PCI Compliance for Dummies,” an easy-to-read guide designed to educate merchant organizations about PCI. Sumedh has a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering with distinction from the University of Pune.
Security in the Cloud Era
- www. Qualys.com
- Introductions and backgrounds
- The State Of Vulnerability Management - Patching, automation, configuration, cloud.
- Vulnerability Scanning and Management in DevOps
Tech Segment: - 6:30PM-7:00PM
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM