Difference between revisions of "PSWEpisode634"
m (→Lee's Stories)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 02:47, 9 January 2020
Recorded January 9, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Dan Decloss, Plextrac - 6:00-6:45PM
Dan is the Founder and CEO of PlexTrac and has over 14 years of experience in Cybersecurity. Dan started his career in the Department of Defense and then moved on to consulting where he worked for various companies including serving as a Principal Consultant for Veracode on the penetration testing tesm. Dan's background and expertise is in application security and penetration testing, involving hacking networks, websites, and mobile applications for clients. He has also served as a Principal Security Engineer for the Mayo Clinic and a Sr. Security Advisor for Anthem – a Fortune 40 health insurance firm. Prior to PlexTrac, Dan was the Director of Cybersecurity for Scentsy where he and his team built the security program out of its infancy into a best-in-class program.
Dan has a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from the Naval Postgraduate School with an emphasis in Information Security. Additionally Dan holds the OSCP and CISSP certifications. Dan has a passion for helping everyone understand cybersecurity at a practical level, ensuring that there is a good understanding of how to reduce their overall risk.
Tech Segment: Ambuj Kumar, Fortanix - 6:45PM-7:30PM
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Backdoored Phishing Kits are still popular
- Left of boom: Do we actually do this?
- InfoSec Handlers Diary Blog
- Mailbox Master Keys - Schneier on Security
- Microsoft report: around 0.08% of RDP brute-force attacks are successful
- Car Hacking Hits the Streets - Dark Reading
- Google Security Update Fixes Critical RCE Flaw
- That Pulse Secure VPN you're using to protect your data? Better get it patched or it's going to be ransomware time
- Open Source FirmwareWhy Should We Support It?
- What if everyone just said 'Nah' to tracking?
- The Art of Cloud War for Business-Critical Data
- MITRE presents ATT&CK for ICS, a knowledge base for ICS
- Getting Serious About Open Source Security
- Las Vegas Suffers Cyberattack on First Day of CES
- California's IoT cybersecurity bill: What it gets right and wrong - Help Net Security
- Browser zero day: Update your Firefox right now!
- North Korean Hackers Continue to Target Cryptocurrency Exchanges | SecurityWeek.Com
- 4 Ring Employees Fired For Spying on Customers
- Experts warn of ongoing scans for Citrix servers affected by CVE-2019-19781
- Tapplock introduces new enterprise fingerprint scanning padlock accessories - Help Net Security
- Security Ladders
- CISA Bulletin AA20-006A: Potential for Iranian Cyber Response to U.S. Military Strike in Baghdad Guidance on preventative actions and Iranian threat profile/cyber activity.
- You Should Never Print your boarding pass, here's why Boarding passes contain extra informtion which should be protected.
- Half the global 815 Million Smart Speakers put user's privacy at risk
- Shitcoin Wallet Chrome Extension Steals Crypto-Wallet Private Keys and Passwords The extension has been pulled from Chrome store. Remove from browsers where installed. Crypto wallet security only as good as weakest link.
- Facebook moves to detect and remove deep-fake videos Intent to find artificially created AV content, questions of false positives remain.