From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded January 16, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: - 6:00-6:45PM
Tech Segment: Ryan Speers & Jeff Spielberg, River Loop Security - 6:45PM-7:30PM
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Powerful GPG collision attack spells the end for SHA-1
- Artificial Personas and Public Discourse - Schneier on Security
- Unpatched Citrix Flaw Now Has PoC Exploits
- How Cyber Security Affects SEO
- Cisco addressed a high-severity bug in Webex that could allow Remote Code Execution
- Security pitfalls to avoid when programming using an API - Help Net Security
- Lottery hacker gets 9 months for his 5 cut of the loot
- 5G Security - Schneier on Security
- Exploit that gives remote access affects ~200 million cable modems
- Perfect Sense unveils Gyro to simplify cloud infrastructure management - Help Net Security
- Serious back door Vulnerabilities spotted in Tik Tok
- Malicious npm package taken down after Microsoft warning
- Windows 10: NSA reveals major flaw in Microsoft's code
- Trump Slams Apple for Refusing to Unlock Suspected Shooters iPhones
- PussyCash adult webcam data breach exposes highly sensitive data of models
- How to Reduce Your Attack Surface with 11 Proven Tips
- PayPal patches high severity password vulnerability Security token exposure in CAPTCHA process resolved. No evidence of abuse found.